We put together this set of videos demonstrating how to put on and take off a custom wig, beard and mustache. Though we have Santa Mark demonstrating in the videos, the techniques apply to any of our custom wigs or facial hair, no matter the character. Please also refer to our Wig Owner’s Manual for more information on using and caring for custom wigs and facial hair.
Also covered in these videos –
– using spirit gum or other liquid adhesives to attach hair items
-Wearing glasses with a lace front wig
– Cleaning adhesive residue from your skin after wearing lace front pieces
– Proper handling of wigs or facial hair after removal
A few important points when wearing custom lace front pieces –
– use a mirror whenever possible to ensure the wig or beard are in the correct position and that there are no wayward strands or other problems with the pieces
– a thin layer of adhesive, carefully applied, will be more effective than a heavy coat applied haphazardly.
– we used liquid adhesive for this tutorial (specifically spirit gum) but if you prefer to use double stick tape, the basic technique and placement of the tape will be consistent with the video
– remember that learning to wear a lace front wig or beard can involve some experimentation and trial and error. What works for one person may not be as effective for someone else and some situations may call for an adjustment to your normal regime – for example, if you normally do indoor events, you may find an outdoor event requires a different amount or type of adhesive.
– you may require more or fewer attachment points than the Santa in this video, or you may require glue at different places on your face or head. Face shape can affect how and where to attach facial hair, so if you feel that you need additional attachment points, feel free to experiment with adding them
– liquid adhesives are notoriously difficult to remove from fabric, surfaces and hair, so you may find a towel or drape is helpful when getting ready to catch any drips
Santa Mark, star of our video, is wearing one of our Ready to Wear Santa sets, The Claus, which is available in our Online Store.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.