Tips on how to wear lace front wigs and facial hair
– use a mirror whenever possible to ensure the wig or beard are in the correct position and that there are no wayward strands or other problems with the pieces
– a thin layer of adhesive, carefully applied, will be more effective than a heavy coat applied haphazardly.
– we used liquid adhesive for this tutorial (specifically spirit gum) but if you prefer to use double stick tape, the basic technique and placement of the tape will be consistent with the video
– remember that learning to wear a lace front wig or beard can involve some experimentation and trial and error. What works for one person may not be as effective for someone else and some situations may call for an adjustment to your normal regime – for example, if you normally do indoor events, you may find an outdoor event requires a different amount or type of adhesive.
– you may require more or fewer attachment points than the Santa in this video, or you may require glue at different places on your face or head. Face shape can affect how and where to attach facial hair, so if you feel that you need additional attachment points, feel free to experiment with adding them
– liquid adhesives are notoriously difficult to remove from fabric, surfaces and hair, so you may find a towel or drape is helpful when getting ready to catch any drips