CUSTOM WIG COMPANY POLICIES
Materials, Construction and Projects
- All pieces will be built with high quality materials, as appropriate to the individual project.
- The fit of your wig or facial hair is directly correlated to the correctness of the head or face tracing and other information you provide. If the tracing is not accurate or incorrect measurements are provided, the fit of the piece can be compromised. Custom Wig Company assumes no responsibility for fitting errors that are a result of inaccuracies of the head or face tracing.
- Wig lace and hair are delicate materials and require careful handling when wearing and cleaning. Custom Wig Company is not responsible for damage to the wig or pieces incurred due to excessive wear and tear on the piece, improper handling, or failure of the client to properly clean and store the pieces or damages incurred during shipping. Our Wig Owner’s Manual has tons of great information to help you use and care for your piece.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- We do not offer refunds or returns for completed custom projects or items purchased through our online shop. In order to ensure client satisfaction, you’ll be sent digital photographs of the completed custom project. At that time, you can request adjustments to the piece in keeping with the intended and desired outcome of the project. Significant changes not part of the scope of the original project could result in additional cost or work time.
- In order to cancel your custom project and receive a partial refund, you must inform us before any work has begun on your project. If no work has been done, you’ll receive a refund of any funds paid over 25% of the project’s total cost, less transaction fees or material expenses already incurred. We cannot cancel your order once work has begun or less than 75 days before the estimated completion date.
- If we are not able to complete your project as scheduled because you do not send us your tracings by the date listed in your contract, we will attempt to reschedule your project one time. If we cannot complete your rescheduled project because you don’t send us your tracings, your order will be cancelled. No refund of any funds paid is given if we are unable to build your pieces because we don’t receive your tracings.
Payment options, payment plans and policies
- A down payment is required when the piece is ordered, determined by the cost of the project and the payment schedule you choose. Any remaining balance is due upon completion of the piece, prior to shipment, even if the piece is to be picked up at a later date.
- We offer a range of Payment Plans
- International clients are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- Please note that as of September 2014, we no longer accept personal checks or money orders without prior arrangement. Returned checks or credit card transaction will have a fee of $50.
If you receive your custom piece and request reasonable adjustments to the fit or execution of the piece, every attempt will be made to accommodate these requests as your satisfaction is our highest priority. Additional cost may be incurred if the adjustment requires significant time or material or is outside the scope of the initial project. This determination will be made by Custom Wig Company.
We encourage you to reach out to us at any time if you have questions or concerns. We’re here for you any time you have a question or need some guidance. You can call, email or message us, or request a video chat. If you receive your custom order and feel that it is not what you expected or that there are issues with the fit or style, we encourage you to let us know immediately so we can work with you to address your concerns. We want you to be happy and feel completely comfortable and confident in your wig, so let us know how we can help!
A word about copyright
We do not have any licensing agreements or rights to produce official replicas of trademarked or copyrighted characters, nor do we want to appropriate other designers’ and artists’ work. We work with you to create an ultimately original item. In other words, we can’t make you a “Gandalf” wig and beard, but we can build a unique gray wig, beard and mustache for you. We reserve the right to decline or cancel a commission if we feel you are asking us to infringe on a trademarked design or project.
Care, Maintenance and Durability of our Wigs and Facial Hair
Wigs and facial hair will require some amount of regular care and maintenance in order to maintain their original appearance. The needs of each piece are unique to the person and project. Please ask us about the care and upkeep on your wig or facial hair if you have questions. We are happy to help and it is far easier to keep a wig looking good with regular maintenance than to restore a neglected piece.
Wigs and facial hair will need to be restyled periodically to maintain their appearance. We offer Cleaning and Maintenance services for our clients.
We stand behind our work and our products but are not able to make guarantees about the lifespan of a wig or item of facial hair nor do we offer any warranties. We are happy to offer advice, consultation, care instructions, repair and other assistance at any time to help ensure the long life of your wig or facial hair.
Completion and Delivery of Products
Each project is unique. While we will do our best to have your piece ready by the estimated completion date, we reserve the right to take more time in order to ensure your project is exactly right. If your project has a hard and fast deadline, this will be reflected in your project agreement.
Please note that we are not responsible for shipments once they have been tendered to the carrier. You will receive an email from the carrier with your shipment tracking number. All shipments require an adult signature for delivery.
We are not responsible for any missing, lost or mis-delivered package listed as ‘delivered’ by the carrier.
The specific terms of your project will be listed in your contract and may differ slightly from those listed here.